Health care and service providers
Your important role in Paid Leave Oregon
What is Paid Leave Oregon?
Paid Leave Oregon is a new program that provides employees with paid time off for family, medical, and safe leave. Learn more about the types of leave individuals can apply for.
What you need to know
Your role as a health care provider working with Paid Leave Oregon is important. When someone you serve is eligible for Paid Leave, they may need your help with the documentation required when they apply for benefits.
Your role with your patients
Patients who are eligible for Paid Leave Oregon will need to show documentation when they apply for Paid Leave benefits.
You may need to help them with the forms or documents they need to verify a serious health condition for Paid Leave Oregon benefits.
What is a serious health condition under Paid Leave Oregon?
A serious health condition is when a person or their family member has an illness, injury, or impairment that:
- Requires inpatient care
- Poses danger of death or possibility of death in the near future
- Requires constant or continuing care
- Involves a period of incapacity
- Involves multiple treatments
- Involves a period of disability due to pregnancy
Family leave formsLearn more
Medical leave formsLearn more
Safe leave formsLearn more
What you need to know
Service providers like victim service providers, social workers, police officers, Title IX coordinators, and people who work in adoption agencies are important to the success of Paid Leave Oregon.
- When someone you serve is eligible for Paid Leave, they may need to show documentation when they apply for benefits
- You may need to help them with the forms or documents they need
- You may need to provide proof of foster care placement or a copy of a protective order for a survivor of domestic violence
- If you work for an adoption agency, you may need to provide copies of adoption records
We want to hear from you
Creating Paid Leave Oregon takes all of us. We want to hear your input on the program. If you’d like to participate in an event or ask for a presentation from our team, email us at PaidLeave@oregon.gov.