Learn about support for small employers who choose to pay into the program.
How assistance grants can help
As a small employer with fewer than 25 employees, if you choose to pay the employer portion of Paid Leave contributions, you can get financial support to hire a temporary replacement employee or to help with other wage-related costs such as overtime or training while your permanent employee is on paid leave.
How to apply
You can apply for assistance grants in Frances Online starting Sept. 3, 2023.
What’s Frances Online?
Frances Online is Oregon’s payroll reporting site. It replaced the Oregon Payroll Reporting System (OPRS) and the Employer Account Access (EAA) portal. Frances Online is where you can apply for a grant.
Apply starting Sept. 3, 2023
What do I need to do in order to receive an assistance grant?
As a small employer with fewer than 25 employees, to receive an assistance grant, you must:
- Apply in Frances Online starting Sept 3, 2023
- Commit to paying the employer contribution (40% of the 1% contribution rate) for at least 8 calendar quarters after receiving the grant
- Submit an application and documentation that a temporary replacement employee was hired or that there were wage-related costs
How can assistance grants be used?
There are 2 types of assistance grants. Here’s how they can be used:
- Up to $3,000 assistance grant: to hire a temporary replacement employee
- Up to $1,000 assistance grant: for wage-related costs, such as overtime or training costs
Do I need to repay the grant?
You only need to repay a grant if there is a change to your employer size, meaning you are no longer eligible for the grant you received.