Paid Leave Oregon Bulletin
March 2023 Bulletin - 03/21/2023
This message is online in: English, Español, Русский, Tiếng Việt, 简体中文, 繁體中文.
March 21, 2023
March spotlight: Employers – Remember to file your combined payroll report due May 1
More than 70% of all Oregon employers file their quarterly payroll reports on time. We want to help you be one of them by making things as clear and easy as we can. It’s important that you file on time to avoid a late penalty. Here is what you need to do.
- Log into Frances Online: If you haven’t already, create an account with Frances Online and make sure you can log in. You can find Frequently Asked Questions, resources, and support for the Frances Online system online. If you prefer to file by paper, you can find the updated forms online.
- File your combined payroll report: Make sure you write down, or print, your confirmation number. It will show up on screen when you complete your submission. It can take one-to-two business days for your Frances online account dashboard to update and show as processed.
- Make a payment: You need to make payments every quarter to the Oregon Department of Revenue (DOR). When you file your combined payroll report in Frances Online, it will show you the balance you need to pay. Then select “Make a Payment with DOR.”
- Seek additional support (if needed): Paid Leave Oregon is a new program, and Frances Online is a new system. We understand you may have questions or concerns, and we are ready to support you.
For questions about filing your report and payments:
Web: Paid Leave What Employers Need to Do web page or ask the Frances Online chat bot. Go to Frances Online and click on the owl at the top right corner of your screen. The chat bot is available in both English and Spanish.
Call: 503-947-1488. Choose your language, and then press option 2 for Frances Online support.
For questions about Paid Leave Oregon:
Web: Contact Us (form)
Call: 833-854-0166 (toll-free) (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
What happens if I can’t file my combined payroll report on time?
The Oregon Employment Department will send you a letter called an “Oregon Combined Failure to File Notice.” It describes what is missing and what you need to provide using Frances Online, or if you prefer, by mail using paper forms. If you have any questions or think there was an error, please email or call the contributions unit so that we can help you.
Reminder for reimbursing employers
Unlike the Unemployment Insurance Program, there is no reimbursement option for Paid Leave Oregon. All employers must list Paid Leave Oregon wages and pay Paid Leave contributions* on their combined payroll reports each quarter. You will remain a reimbursing employer for your Unemployment Insurance contributions.
*All employers must withhold and pay contributions for their employees. Employers with fewer than 25 employees do not pay the employer portion.
New online resources
We have new resources to help you:
- Taxability fact sheet— Answers your questions about Paid Leave contributions, benefits, and taxes
- Place of performance fact sheet— Answers questions for employers with employees who work in different locations
- New webinar videos— Recordings of our Contributions Explained and Community Conversations webinars are now online
Prevention Innovations Hot Beverage Chats: April is Sexual Assault Action Month and Child Abuse Prevention Month. In honor of these efforts, the Oregon Sexual Assault Task Force (SATF) and Prevent Child Abuse Oregon (PCAO) are co-hosting a short learning series to explore efforts throughout Oregon.
The series will feature Paid Leave Oregon in “Prevention and Family Supports” on Wednesday, April 12, from 12-1 p.m. Registration is free and online.
Paid Leave Virtual Training for Healthcare Providers: Join the Oregon Sexual Assault Task Force (SATF) and Paid Leave Oregon for a live, virtual training on paid leave for healthcare providers and forensic nurses, including sexual assault nurse examiners. Continuing education credits available for healthcare providers. The training is April 24, 2023, from 1-2:30 p.m. Register using this zoom link.
Opportunities to join Paid Leave Oregon and OED
Are you passionate about providing benefits to others and ensuring businesses, small employers, and employees are treated fairly? Consider joining the Paid Leave Oregon team at the Oregon Employment Department. Job openings are posted under Employment Department in Workday.
Contact Paid Leave Oregon
Form: Contact Us
Call: 833-854-0166 (toll-free)