Paid Leave Oregon Bulletin
February 2023 Bulletin - 02/21/2023
Feb. 21, 2023
Paid Leave Oregon offers website in six languages, adds new features
Paid Leave Oregon has refreshed its website, PaidLeave.Oregon.gov. In response to community feedback, the updated website is now available in six languages: English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. Other new features include:
- An interactive contributions calculator so employers and employees can figure out their payroll contributions
- A safe exit or "quick escape" feature – these buttons are used on websites for domestic violence and sexual assault survivors. The button helps web users quickly exit the site they're browsing and will automatically open a blank search page.
- More detailed information for both employers and employees, as well as new sections for self-employed people, healthcare workers, and service providers
- Videos that feature real Oregon business owners in our communities
We are starting a Contributions Explained webinar series. Employers can learn more about Paid Leave Oregon and how to file their first Oregon Quarterly (OQ) report with Paid Leave contributions. All sessions will have American Sign Language (ASL) and Spanish interpreters.
- Tuesdays, Feb. 28-March 21, 3-4 p.m. | Please register in advance
Opportunities to join Paid Leave Oregon and OED
Are you passionate about providing benefits to others and ensuring businesses, small employers, and employees are treated fairly? Consider joining the Paid Leave Oregon team at the Oregon Employment Department. Job openings are posted under Employment Department in Workday.Contact Paid Leave Oregon